thePAVILION @ HOGAN PARK + 1201 E Wadley Ave
north on Redfern – first street east of Lamesa – off Wadley
This will be the first time we’ve been together since March 15! Unfortunately, it’s not a picnic. We’re meeting outside because the risk is lower than meeting inside. But, a few things before you get there …
First, if, for any reason, you don’t feel comfortable getting out and about, stay home! And please, please, please, don’t feel guilty! None of us has anything to prove to anyone else, least of all god! We understand! Besides, we’ll be livestreaming on Facebook, as usual! And the same goes if you aren’t feeling well! Just stay put and get better!
Second, if you do choose to be there, we’re living by the three rules …
Wash your hands + Keep your distance + Wear your facemask
• We’ll sanitize the tables beforehand!
• We’ll have hand sanitizer available as you enter the pavilion. If you don’t have a facemask or forgot it, we’ll have extras!
• No ushers, so pick up a worship bulletin. And have a seat – with six feet in between (unless, of course, you live in the same house!)
• No hugging. No handshakes. Feel free to talk to each other … just not too close!
• No offering! Yes, you read that right! But, feel free to send it to the office – 2705 W Michigan Ave, Midland, TX 79701 – when you get a chance. Or check out last June’s newsletter for tips on how to give online.
• We’ll still pass the peace. Just no hugging or handshaking! Pat your heart! Bow! Pat your heart AND bow! Or just let out your inner-hippie and give a peace sign!
• When it comes time for communion, you won’t need to come to the Supper. The Supper’ll come to you! Wafer only!
• And finally, there won’t be anything to eat or drink. So, bring something to wet your whistle and only your whistle!
Finally, If you’d like to come early or stay late, to explore the park and the nature center, have at it! Worship-in-the-park is for this Sunday and for this Sunday ONLY! Next week, we’ll be back on FacebookLive. But depending on how it goes – and, of course, if the virus cooperates – we might try it again, next month! Any questions, don’t hesitate to call/text 432.349-7407 + or message here on Facebook + or email firstname.lastname@example.org! And don’t hesitate to invite a friend or two! Just so they understand the rules …
wash your hands + keep your distance + and wear your facemask
Grace is ours … even at six feet apart!