PDF Print E-mail

Midland Lutheran Church was started as a "home mission" of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in 1953. Pastor Erling Peterson accepted the call to be the mission pastor. In August 1953, when ground was broken for the church building, services were held at West Elementary. The congregation was formally chartered on October 6, 1953.

The first church building was dedicated on April 25, 1954. A kindergarten and first grade was started that year and operated until 1971, at which time the public schools started kindergarten. In the spring of 1963, ground was broken for additional classrooms and nursery. The Palaestra Pre-School was begun in February 1981 under the guidance of Lori Haaland and Paula Miller. The program was expanded to include Kindergarten, Extended Care, and Mother's Day Out. The new sanctuary with visitation area was dedicated on October 1, 1989.

Midland Lutheran Church is one of seven churches belonging to the West Texas Conference in the Northern Texas Northern Louisiana Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America.

 
Copyright © 2017 Midland Lutheran Church , 2705 West Michigan, Midland, TX 79701 (432) 694-1373
RocketTheme Joomla Templates